Information for end users of Pawns.app application
Pawns.app offers compensation in exchange for a certain amount of the user’s network connection and the device’s resources. For this arrangement to function properly, Pawns.app requires access to a limited amount of your personal information.
The data we have access to via our application is divided into the following categories:
- your email is used as your username. It is required for the purpose of signing in to the Pawns.app application. We also use your email to inform you of important announcements in relation to your account and the updates to our service.
- user payment information is necessary for transferring your earnings to an account of your choice. This information is processed depending on your preferred payment method (PayPal, Payoneer, or cryptocurrency).
- device information includes your IP address, version of the operating system you’re running, the model of the device you’re using, current charging state, last seen time stamp, and your physical location (city and country). This information is used to verify if we can use your device’s resources and to access and collect data from public internet resources.
- network information includes the current state of your WiFi, so we can avoid using your device when it’s using mobile network data.
The information mentioned above is crucial for the performance of the contract between you and Pawns.app.
For the purposes of analyzing and improving our service, we also collect accumulated statistics in relation to the use of our application. This information can include error and crash reports and application usage analytics. This data is processed based upon our interest to improve the functionality and usability of our services and applications.
Information for website visitors
Each time you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information. This data includes your IP address, location, as well as the type of browser, device, and the operating system you’re using. We collect this information based upon our interest to ensure proper functioning of our website.
For the purpose of collecting this information via our website, we employ cookies and other similar technologies. Also, we may additionally collect your personal information in case you reach out to us via email or via the dedicated “Contact Us” form. In this case, your personal data will be used to direct your inquiry, as well as adequately approach any sort of problem or inquiry you may have. This processing is based on our legitimate interests, primarily the adequate administration of our business operations and communication with our users.
We utilize different service providers to help adequately deliver our services. These service providers include data storage providers, performance analytics entities (related to error and crash reporting), web and app usage analytics entities (like Google and Facebook Analytics) and others. These service providers are obligated to treat your information in a secure way. They do not have the right to access your personal information for their purposes. The service providers are also obligated not to share your information with any third parties unrelated to the provision of said services.
We might share your location and IP information with our clients so they can access and collect data from public internet sources (for example, various websites). This type of data sharing is crucial for the performance of the contract between you and Pawns.app.
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information in any other case other than mentioned above, unless:
- We have an obligation by law to disclose this information (for example, complying with a court order, enforcing an agreement, protecting the intellectual property and/or rights of our business, our employees, and other stakeholders);
- Disclosing this information becomes necessary for our representatives to function on our behalf;
- It becomes necessary to address an emergency.
Data transfers beyond the European Economic Area (EEA)
We try our best to make sure that even in case your data leaves the EEA, our partners and service providers comply with the European privacy rules and standards. We provide data protection related clauses in agreements with our service providers and partners. In case they are based in countries lacking adequate legislation from the European Commission, we establish agreements that include standard clauses regarding data protection adopted by the European Commission.
Data retention and storage
We will not keep any of your personal data that we process for any purpose any longer than necessary for that purpose. We will not keep it for longer than five years after the end of our contractual or any other relations with you.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
As a data subject, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Right of access – We are obligated to provide you with access to any data we collected on you. In case we’re unable to identify you, we may require additional information from you to help us fulfill your request. The use of this additional information will be limited exclusively to helping you and your right of access;
- Right to modify – You have the right to input and update your information in our application;
- Right to remove – You preserve the right to ask us to delete your personal information. Keep in mind we will only comply with such a request in case: (a) we no longer need said information for the purpose we collected it; (b) the removal of said information will not prevent us from complying with any legal obligation; (c) we do not require said data to establish, exercise, or defend from any legal claims.
You preserve the right to access, modify, and remove your information. In most cases, this can be done by simply signing in and updating your Pawns.app preferences. You can also exercise the following rights:
- Restrict the processing of your data in case of unlawful processing;
- Oppose the processing of your data if it’s legally based on Pawns.app’s genuine interests and is in violation of your fundamental rights and freedoms. Please keep in mind that we preserve the possibility of being able to prove our genuine interest outweighs your rights and freedoms:
- Collect your data in an electronic, computer-friendly form, and/or urge us to forward your data to another controller;
- File a complaint regarding the way we use your data. In case you believe we mismanaged your data or acted against the law in relation to your privacy, you preserve the right to file a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
You can exercise these rights and discuss any additional issues you may have regarding this Policy by contacting us at [email protected].
Information regarding children
Pawns.app does not plan or intend to collect any personal information on children below the age of 14 or any other age that requires approval or consent of a parental responsibility holder for the purpose of collection and/or processing of personal data of such an individual. In case of accidental collecting of personal information of children, we take steps to remove or dispose of this information as soon as possible after being informed of receiving it. If you are a parent or a guardian of a child and you’re aware that they provided us with any personal data, please get in touch with us so we can take the necessary actions to stop collecting this data and erase the data we may already have.
Personal data security
We gather, process, and manage your data with the utmost level of responsibility and care. From testing and updates to access restriction, we take all the necessary precautions and measures to ensure your information is kept and handled securely and in compliance with the law. Still, please keep in mind that no business, including Pawns.app, can completely guarantee full security of internet communications.