Activating 2FA for Pawns.app is easy and takes only a few minutes. Here’s the full rundown:
1. Log in to your Pawns.app account on your PC. Click on the settings icon on the left.
2. Click on the 2FA settings button.
3. This will take you to a new page with the instructions on turning on 2FA.
4. Before clicking on Generate secret key, make sure you have Google Authenticator or 2FA Authenticator installed. We’ll use Google Authenticator in this tutorial. Click on the Generate secret key button on the Pawns.app settings page when you’re ready. Once you do that, you’ll see a QR code you can scan with your phone’s camera and an alphanumeric code. You can use both the QR code and the alphanumeric code in Google Authenticator to link it to Pawns.app.
5. Open the Google Authenticator on your phone and select Scan a QR code.
5. If you’re accessing your Pawns.app settings page from your PC, scan the QR code. If you’re using your phone’s browser and can’t scan the QR code, copy the alphanumeric code (below the QR code) from your Pawns.app settings page into Google Authenticator by using the Enter a setup key option.
Unfortunately, Google doesn’t allow taking screenshots here. Once you scan the QR code or type in the alphanumeric code, Google Authenticator will give you a six-digit code. It changes every 30 seconds.
6. Enter the six-digit code you got from Google Authenticator in the Authenticador code field and click Enable 2FA.
7. You’ll get an email from Pawns.app. Click the Enable Two-Factor Authentication button.
Clicking on the button will get you back to the Pawns.app settings page. If you followed the instructions, 2FA should be enabled on your Pawns.app account.
From now on, you’ll use your username and password to log in, as usual.
However, you’ll also need to use the code from Google Authenticator.
Please note that Pawns.app might not ask you for a code every time you log in. Once you activate it, your IP address is saved. From then on, you’ll need to use the code whenever:
- You log into your account from a different IP address
- Request a payout
- Update your profile
And that’s it, your Pawns.app account is secure. Happy earning!